Peer Grief Companion Program
- Are you interested in connecting with a fellow donor family for a supportive conversation?
- Are you already in counseling and would like meet someone who has had a similar loss?
- Do you live far from Lifebanc but would still like to engage with another donor family?
If any of those statements apply to you, we’re excited to share that Lifebanc has a new program designed to connect newer donor families with those who are 5 to 30+ years out from their loss. Those donor families who are further out from their loss have gone through training designed to help them companion you through simple, informal conversations. These experienced donor families – called Peer Grief Companions – are not counselors or social workers, but they have gone through a multi-session training track that equips them to:
- Be present for the pain of grief, not take away the pain
- Listen with their heart
- Bear witness to your struggle without judgment
- Walk alongside you, not lead you
- Respect the disorder and confusion you may feel
- Understand that you are the expert in your grief
- Be curious about your experience
- Know that there is no need to fix you
You can connect via email, phone, or via face time or ZOOM. You and your Peer Grief Companion decide together on the best mode of communication.
Would you like to be connected to a Peer Grief Companion?
Please complete this online form or call Elissa Berman at 216.820.4940 to complete a brief assessment over the phone. If you’re unsure if this program is the right fit for you, please contact us for more information.