Surgical Organ Recovery Coordinator
Do you want to be the person that makes the miracle of organ donation a reality? Do you want to turn tragedy into hope and healing? This is what we do every single day and we think you have what it takes.
Join a team that combines the fulfillment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
Every day, the Lifebanc team gets the opportunity to change lives forever. Become a part of our family as we work toward a world where everyone in need of an organ or tissue transplant receives the healing they deserve. Come be a life saver.
This position is responsible for providing organ preservation services to provide safe transplantable organs to those in need while meeting AOPO and UNOS standards. This position also fulfills the role and responsibility of a surgical technician for Lifebanc organ donor cases.Apply Now
1) Covers assigned shifts on the organ preservation call schedule to assure adequate and reliable coverage on a 24-hour basis including nights, weekends and holidays. operations.
2) Maintains designated working area, equipment and supplies, assuring sufficient viable supply availability.
3) Provides assistance to the local transplant centers in facilitating the import process in compliance with UNOS and Lifebanc policies.
4) Prepares for organ recovery in the on-site operating room at Lifebanc and assists donor hospitals in preparation when needed.
5) Performs the job expectations of a surgical technician in the setting of an organ recovery.
6) Assists in the facilitation and the recovery of organs and tissues for research purposes.
7) Attends, participates and as requested, makes formal presentations upon request at all mandatory Lifebanc meetings and events.
8) Serves as a liaison between Lifebanc staff and transplant center surgeons, coordinators and other key personnel in the area of organ preservation.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology with a minimum of one year of experience as a surgical technician or
• One to two years of OPO experience as a SORC/equivalent OPO industry experience and can demonstrate all skills and competence to fulfill the role of a surgical technician during an organ recovery at Lifebanc.
• A Degree or diploma from an accredited nursing school, accredited University or state paramedic certification is preferred.
• BLS required; ACLS preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, organ function and disease processes.
• Must be available during day/night hours including weekends, have flexibility and work an on-call rotation schedule and the capability to work for greater than 24 hours at a given time.
• Willing to fly in small aircraft.
• Ability to lift over 75 pounds with assistance.
• Current valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a safe driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!