Do you want to be the person that makes the miracle of organ donation a reality? Do you want to turn tragedy into hope and healing? This is what we do every single day and we think you have what it takes.
Join a team that combines the fulfilment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
Every day, the Lifebanc team gets the opportunity to change lives forever. Become a part of our family as we work toward a world where everyone in need of an organ or tissue transplant receives the healing they deserve. Come be a life saver.
This position is responsible for the transportation of donors for the purposes of tissue recovery, donor samples, and recovery and transplant personnel. Additionally, this position is responsible for transporting donors post-recovery to Coroner’s/Medical Examiner’s Office’s or Funeral Homes/Crematories.
1) Provides transportation services to ensure continuity of Lifebanc’s operations.
2) Delivers customer service with the highest level of excellence to all individuals within and outside of Lifebanc during routine and stressful situations.
3) Responsible for maintaining all of Lifebanc’s recovery and donor transport and administration vehicles and designated garage space.
4) Prioritize case load by utilizing active organizational skills, effective time management and critical thinking.
5) Serves as a back-up for deliveries including but not limited to the delivery of supplies, specimens to Coroners/Medical Examiner’s offices and donor reconstruction materials to funeral homes.
6) Effectively communicate and interact with hospital staff, lab professionals, clinical teams, funeral homes, Coroner’s/ME offices in both positive and negative situations.
7) Assists the Facilities and Supplies Department as needed.
The varying schedule will include four (4) ten and a half (10½) hour shifts per week and will consist of weekdays and weekends. The work schedule will primarily be from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., however, flexibility is required for the nature of the position or other Lifebanc business.
- In accordance with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine mandates put into place by our partner donor hospitals, current and prospective employees for this position will need to be fully vaccinated by October 30, 2021. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine by October 30th.
• Degree, diploma or certification in allied health (EMT, Paramedic, Funeral Director or Embalmer) is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including medical staff, hospital personnel and donor families.
• Ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and make responsible decisions under stressful conditions.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Working knowledge of office equipment, including but not limited to personal computer, photocopier, smartphone, and the ability to send and receive text messages and emails.
• Physically able to perform driving, transporting donors, standing, walking, prolonged sitting and be able to lift weight up to one hundred seventy-five pounds (175 lbs.).
• Ability to transfer donors unassisted from table to cart to transport vehicle and from transport vehicle to cart to table.
• Current valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a safe driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!
Lifebanc is an Equal Opportunity Employer