Surgical Organ Recovery Coordinator
Join a team that combines the fulfillment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
This position is responsible for providing organ preservation services to provide safe transplantable organs to those in need while meeting AOPO and UNOS standards. This position also fulfills the role and responsibility of a surgical technician for Lifebanc organ donor cases.
If meet the qualification below, to see the full job description and to submit a cover letter and resume, click here now.
In accordance with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine mandates put into place by our partner donor hospitals, current and prospective employees for this position will need to be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received two shots of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- High school diploma required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology with a minimum of one year of experience as a surgical technician.
- One to two years of OPO experience as a SORC/equivalent OPO industry experience and can demonstrate all skills and competence to fulfill the role of a surgical technician during an organ recovery at Lifebanc preferred.
- BLS required.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of and skill in sterile technique.
- Knowledge of anatomy.
- Willing to fly in small aircraft.
- Ability to lift over 75 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work for greater than 24 hours at a given time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time up to 10 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time with case activity.
- Current valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and a safe driving record.