Procurement Transplant Coordinator
Reverend David Cobb
He shares these words with others: “Today I am able to pastor like I want to pastor. I am able to be there for my members. I am able to do the things that I really want to do because someone thought enough to sign up to become an organ donor.” LEARN MORE.
Lifebanc, a dynamic and growing nonprofit healthcare organization serves as the federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery organization for Northeast Ohio. Lifebanc is one of the original seven independent organ procurement organizations in the United States. We serve nearly four million people and work with 80 hospitals within 20 counties. Our vision is pursuing a future when the decision to donate is an honor and everyone waiting receives a transplant. Our staff of dedicated professionals works tirelessly to facilitate organ, eye and tissue donation throughout our service area.
Are you a compassionate individual that enjoys meaningful work, working with heroes, being part of a team, and making a positive difference in people’s lives? Join our exciting, professional and dynamic team whose mission it is to save and heal lives!
Lifebanc is seeking an experienced ICU RN, Respiratory Therapist, or Paramedic to join our team as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator. As a Procurement Coordinator you will be responding on-site to organ donor referrals to provide clinical expertise in donor evaluation, donor management, organ allocation, and organ recovery. You will blend high level clinical and people skills to educate and work with multiple critical care and surgical staff to facilitate organ donation. Success in this role requires a self-assured professional who has keen clinical assessment skills, the ability to be flexible and remain calm and effective in highly charged and clinically complex situations.
- Assesses and determines potential donors to maximize donation opportunities.
- 24 hour on-call shifts (Average 10-12 per month)
- Must have ability to work long hours (could be out over 24 hours)
- Must have critical thinking skills and keen clinical assessment skills
- Must be compassionate, passionate and mission driven
- Willingness to learn advanced donor management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to develops and maintain effective working relationships with key professional contacts including front line staff, physicians, medical examiners, and county coroners to best facilitate organ and tissue donation
- Participates as an active member of a department and organization to support Lifebanc’s mission, vision, and values
- Must have a great work ethic and be forward thinking
· Degree or diploma from an accredited nursing school or University
· Minimum two years critical care experience in nursing, respiratory therapy or paramedic.
· Prior Organ Procurement Organization experience is a plus.
· BLS and ACLS required
· CPTC (Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator) required after first 2 years of employment
Other qualifications include current licensure, strong communication, organization and leadership skills. Must travel throughout NE Ohio, be available during day/night hours including weekends, have flexibility and work an on-call rotation schedule. Orientation is individualized based on your experience and scheduling needs. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a safe driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Send cover letter and resume to be considered for this amazing opportunity.
Are you already helping us save and heal lives through organ, eye and tissue donation? If not, you can start today!