Procurement Transplant Coordinator
Reverend David Cobb
He shares these words with others: “Today I am able to pastor like I want to pastor. I am able to be there for my members. I am able to do the things that I really want to do because someone thought enough to sign up to become an organ donor.” LEARN MORE.
Lifebanc, a dynamic and growing nonprofit healthcare organization serves as the federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery organization for Northeast Ohio. Lifebanc is one of the original seven independent organ procurement organizations in the United States. We serve nearly four million people and work with 80 hospitals within 20 counties. Our vision is pursuing a future when the decision to donate is an honor and everyone waiting receives a transplant. Our staff of dedicated professionals works tirelessly to facilitate organ, eye and tissue donation throughout our service area.
We have a challenging and exciting opportunity available to utilize your critical knowledge in a unique and specialized setting as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the facilitation of the organ donation process by providing clinical support through donor evaluation, donor medical management, organ placement and recovery in compliance with CMS and AOPO standards
- Conducts on site evaluation of all organ referrals and determines donor suitability to maximize donation opportunities
- Capable of understanding hemodynamic monitoring and ventilator management
- Under the direction of the Medical Director, facilitates the medical management of the donor, in order to maintain adequate organ perfusion
- Hands on donor care in our onsite donor care facility
- Coordinates the recovery of organs for transplant
- Schedules, coordinates and facilitates the OR timing and recovery at the donor hospital or at Lifebanc’s onsite recovery suite donor care facility
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with the hospital and transplant teams
- Establishes, nurtures and promotes ongoing relationships with nurses, chaplains and referring physicians to ensure a high level of customer service
- Partners with Lifebanc staff to provide education and support to hospital staff within our donor service area
- Shares a 24-hour “on-call” responsibility on a rotating basis to include nights, weekends and holidays
- A Registered Nurse (RN) with a degree or diploma from an accredited nursing school with at least two years’ experience in a critical care setting or
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification with at least 5 years’ experience in a critical care setting or
- A Respiratory Therapist with at least 2 years’ experience in a critical care setting or
- Prior work experience as a Procurement Transplant Coordinator or equivalent position or
- Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) with at least one year experience as an organ or tissue procurement coordinator.
- BLS and ACLS required
Other qualifications include current licensure, strong communication, organization and leadership skills. Previous on-call experience is desirable. Must travel throughout NE Ohio, be available during day/night hours including weekends, have flexibility and work an on-call rotation schedule. Orientation is individualized based on your experience and scheduling needs. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a safe driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Send cover letter and resume to be considered for this amazing opportunity.
Are you already helping us save and heal lives through organ, eye and tissue donation? If not, you can start today!