Ohio Donor Registry
How can I sign up to be a donor?
- Go online and register with the Ohio Donor Registry (you need a valid Ohio driver license or state identification card)
- Contact Lifebanc for a donor registry enrollment form or download this online version (pdf) and mail to the Ohio BMV.
- Say “YES” to organ, eye and tissue donation when you renew your driver’s license or state identification card.
- If you are not an Ohio resident, visit Donate Life America and learn how to register to become a donor in your home state.
If you are already a registered donor, thank you for making this important life-saving decision.
The Ohio Donor Registry is an important step in addressing the critical donor shortage. The Ohio Donor Bill (Senate Bill 188) key provisions of were the following:
- An individual’s declaration of his/her intent to be an organ donor constitutes legal consent.
- The Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is required to establish a donor registry of everyone who has agreed to make an anatomical donation. The information is to be made available to procurement agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.