Ohio Donor Registry
If you could choose to save someone’s life, you would do it…
With one simple choice, you can save 8 lives. Giving more life to those who have acted with heroism and to those who are just realizing their potential. More life to the ones who depend on them, and to those who have always put others first.
Through this one choice, you can impact the lives of 50 more. One choice, can give more life than you could ever imagine.
How can I sign up to be a donor?
- Go online and register with the Ohio Donor Registry (you need a valid Ohio driver license or state identification card)
- Contact Lifebanc for a donor registry enrollment form or download this online version (pdf) and mail to the Ohio BMV.
- Say “YES” to organ, eye and tissue donation when you renew your driver’s license or state identification card.
- If you are not an Ohio resident, visit Donate Life America and learn how to register to become a donor in your home state.
If you are already a registered donor, thank you for making this important life-saving decision.
The Ohio Donor Registry is an important step in addressing the critical donor shortage. The Ohio Donor Bill (Senate Bill 188) key provisions of were the following:
- An individual’s declaration of his/her intent to be an organ donor constitutes legal consent.
- The Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) is required to establish a donor registry of everyone who has agreed to make an anatomical donation. The information is to be made available to procurement agencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.