Triage Coordinator - Night
Are you ready to save a life?
Do you want to be the person that makes the miracle of organ donation a reality? Do you want to turn tragedy into hope and healing? This is what we do every single day and we think you have what it takes.
Join a team that combines the fulfillment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
Every day, the Lifebanc team gets the opportunity to change lives forever. Become a part of our family as we work toward a world where everyone in need of an organ or tissue transplant receives the healing they deserve. Come be a life saver.
What is Lifebanc?
Lifebanc, is the federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery organization that serves 20 counties in Northeast Ohio. Put simply, we facilitate and coordinate organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation in our community and educate the public on the importance of our mission. Our vision is pursuing a future when the decision to donate is an honor and everyone waiting receives a transplant. Our mission is saving and healing lives through organ and tissue donation for transplantation.
This position is responsible for the facilitation of the organ, tissue and eye donation process through interaction with hospital personnel, communication with tissue processors and recovery staff, supporting potential donor families and serving as an advocate for potential tissue and eye recipients.
- Identifies, collects and interprets patient’s medical and social history information in order to evaluate for potential, organ, tissue and eye donation.
- Ability to prioritize caseload by utilizing active organizational skills, effective time management and critical thinking.
- Responsible for obtaining release of specific tissue and eyes from the coroner/medical examiner’s office and appropriately document specific samples and restrictions.
- Ability to locate and understand progress notes, doctor’s orders, lab results, medication lists and EMS run reports in order to determine acceptability for donation.
- Successfully maintain healthy, team-oriented relationships with fellow co-workers.
The work schedule for night shift is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Each shift covers thirteen and a half hours and includes two (2) weekend shifts and four (4) weekday shifts in a two week period.
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in a health field or related area.
- One to two years of experience as support staff in the clinical healthcare field such as LPN, Paramedic, EMT, Health Unit Coordinator, STNA, Medical Assistant, Clinical Technician or related experience in tissue banking.
- CTBS certification preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!