Are you ready to save a life?
Do you want to be the person that makes the miracle of organ donation a reality? Do you want to turn tragedy into hope and healing? This is what we do every single day and we think you have what it takes.
Join a team that combines the fulfillment of an amazing mission with incredible benefits. This is not just another job or listing on your resume. Simply put, this job will change you, just like organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation changes the lives of donor families and recipients.
Every day, the Lifebanc team gets the opportunity to change lives forever. Become a part of our family as we work toward a world where everyone in need of an organ or tissue transplant receives the healing they deserve. Come be a life saver.
What is Lifebanc?
Lifebanc, is the federally designated organ, eye and tissue recovery organization that serves 20 counties in Northeast Ohio. Put simply, we facilitate and coordinate organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation in our community and educate the public on the importance of our mission. Our vision is pursuing a future when the decision to donate is an honor and everyone waiting receives a transplant. Our mission is saving and healing lives through organ and tissue donation for transplantation.
This position is responsible for the facilitation of the organ, tissue and eye donation process through interaction with hospital personnel, communication with tissue processors and recovery staff, supporting potential donor families and serving as an advocate for potential tissue and eye recipients.
- Identifies and evaluates all referrals for potential organ, tissue and eye donation as required by industry standards.
- Responds to hospital referral calls and triaging the calls, speaking with donor families about the donation process and supporting them throughout while understanding grief responses.
- Serves as a member of the healthcare team and provides support for end of life decisions regarding tissue and eye donation.
- Obtains and documents a comprehensive medical and social history interview from the next of kin, significant others, and/or health care professionals of potential tissue and eye donors and facilitates the recovery process in compliance with industry standards and Lifebanc policies.
The minimum requirement is 2 twelve and a half hour shifts per week plus 4 on-call shifts per month. Lifebanc operates 24 hours a day and all shifts include workweek, weekend and holiday hours. We have three shifts available which begin at 6:00 a.m., 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in a health field or related area.
- One to two years of experience as support staff in the clinical healthcare field such as LPN, Paramedic, EMT, Health Unit Coordinator, STNA, Medical Assistant, Clinical Technician or related experience in tissue banking.
- CTBS certification preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!