Lifebanc, a dynamic and growing non-profit healthcare organization in Northeast, Ohio is dedicated to saving and healing lives through organ, eye and tissue donation. Lifebanc is one of the original seven independent organ procurement organizations in the United States. We serve nearly four million people and work with 80 hospitals in 20 counties. Our vision is pursuing a future when the decision to donate is an honor and everyone waiting receives a transplant.
This position is responsible for the facilitation of the organ, tissue and eye donation process through interaction with hospital personnel, communication with tissue processors and recovery staff, supporting potential donor families and serving as an advocate for potential tissue and eye recipients as required by JAHCO, CMS, AATB, EBAA and AOPO.
- Identifies and evaluates all referrals for potential organ, tissue and eye donation as required by JAHCO, CMS, AOPO, AATB, EBAA and FDA standards.
- Responds to hospital referral calls and triaging the calls, speaking with donor families about the donation process and supporting them throughout while understanding grief responses.
- Serves as a member of the health care team and provides support for end of life decisions regarding tissue and eye donation.
- Obtains and documents a comprehensive medical and social history interview from the next of kin, significant others, and/or health care professionals of potential tissue and eye donors and facilitates the recovery process in compliance with FDA, AATB, EBAA standards and Lifebanc policies.
The work schedule for day shift is from 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The hours will vary for the swing shift between 10 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. and the night shift is from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Each shift covers thirteen and a half hours and includes two (2) weekend shifts and four (4) weekday shifts in a two week period.
- Two to three years of experience in the clinical health care field such as EMT, Paramedic, LPN, Medical Assistant or related experience in tissue banking
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate in a health field or related area Minimum of three years’ experience in tissue banking, call center or related medical field
- CTBS certification preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including healthcare, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid time off, retirement plan, on-site fitness facility, tuition reimbursement and more!